Moderation Permissions

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

When I first setup an instance of the module on a page, I noticed the Moderate and Post permissions in the module settings on the permissions tab. I checked a role to have Moderate permissions for the module.

I then created a test post with moderation enabled, logged out and then logged in as a user in the role with moderate permissions (that I checked in the above statement). The user did not have any moderation privledges.

I then logged out, and logged back in as an admin and accessed the Manage Moderators option, selected that same user to have moderation permissions. When I logged back in as that user, it then had moderation privledges.

So if I'm correct, the module settings permissions does not work, at least for the Moderate permissions. But the Post permissions seem to work just fine.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Ahhh...I see how this one is working now. In order for a user to be listed in the dropdown on the Manage Moderators screen, the users role must be selected on the module settings permissions page first (or their username must be added via the textbox below the roles list).