ePrayer 2013 and beyond?

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I love this module, it's a major part of my site. I was just wondering if there are any plans to refresh the module anytime soon?
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I’ve been working on an update to ePrayer off and on over the past couple of months but have gotten temporarily sidetracked onto a rather involved custom module for a client. Hopefully I’ll get back to working on ePrayer over the late spring and early summer months.

A few of the features of the next version of ePrayer:

Conversion of source code from VB to C# - done.

Fix for outstanding bugs – mostly in area of moderation - done.

Minimum DNN version 7.0.4 due to use of WebAPI services layer - done.

Revision of all UX/UI to follow DNN 7.x patterns – done.

Replace action menu with module command bar – done.

Templatable rendering of list of prayer requests (using knockout.js) – partially done.

Integration with DNN notifications for both moderation actions and request tracking emails.

Integration with DNN social groups to allow segregation of prayer requests listings by social group.

Possible removal of seldom used/little understood distribution list functionality to be replaced by social group role selection.

Integration (optional) with site-wide and/or social groups activities journals to automatically post to journal when post is made to ePrayer.

Any additional suggestions for enhancement of the module would be welcome!

Thanks for your continuing interest in the project.

Bill

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Journal Integration, while I do understand that creating new journal types is frowned on, could easily shoehorn the listing into one of the existing types or let the admin pick which type to use for journal entries.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM, imagemaker <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I’ve been working on an update to ePrayer off and on over the past couple of months but have gotten temporarily sidetracked onto a rather involved custom module for a client. Hopefully I’ll get back to working on ePrayer over the late spring and early summer months.

A few of the features of the next version of ePrayer:

Conversion of source code from VB to C# - done.

Fix for outstanding bugs – mostly in area of moderation - done.

Minimum DNN version 7.0.4 due to use of WebAPI services layer - done.

Revision of all UX/UI to follow DNN 7.x patterns – done.

Replace action menu with module command bar – done.

Templatable rendering of list of prayer requests (using knockout.js) – partially done.

Integration with DNN notifications for both moderation actions and request tracking emails.

Integration with DNN social groups to allow segregation of prayer requests listings by social group.

Possible removal of seldom used/little understood distribution list functionality to be replaced by social group role selection.

Integration (optional) with site-wide and/or social groups activities journals to automatically post to journal when post is made to ePrayer.

Any additional suggestions for enhancement of the module would be welcome!

Thanks for your continuing interest in the project.

Bill

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ePrayer@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ePrayer@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Regards,
Doug

Want to know a bit more about me, go to http://about.me/douglass.smith
Oct 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Hi Bill,

Just checking in to see if you had an update available for the module (even if only for testing purposes).

Regards,
Doug